Friday, September 21, 2007

I Am Not a Reader!

But...

This one I recommend!

You all know how much I love my mother-in-law, Jani. This is her latest book and I can't wait to read it!

His Loving Law, Our Lasting Legacy: Living the Ten Commandments and Giving Them to Our Children
- by Jani Ortlund

Book Description

"Many Christians view the Ten Commandments as laws they are forced to obey in order to stay on God’s good side. In her book His Loving Law, Our Lasting Legacy, Jani Ortlund invites readers to look at the Ten Commandments from a different perspective. Ortlund urges believers to recognize the Ten Commandments as a mirror, reflecting our need for God’s cleansing and forgiveness.

"Throughout the book, each commandment is presented not as another rule to follow, but as an invitation to experience more of God’s love. As readers grasp this knowledge, they are able to experience true freedom in Christ. They will begin to understand how embracing God’s laws and passing them along to future generations offers a needy world a glimpse of the truth of God’s love." (from Amazon)

***

P.S. If you haven't read her other book Fearlessly Feminine, I have read this one and it's excellent!

Have you ever wondered if there is a disconnect between what the author of a book says and how they live? Well, let me tell you! After living with Jani for the summer I can say with confidence: She's the real deal!!

Book Description

"Women today seek encouragement and affirmation as they confront their own questions, doubts, and fears about womanhood. In Fearlessly Feminine, author Jani Ortlund supplies much-needed answers, calling Christian women to be joyfully confident in who they are before God, to welcome the privilege of womanhood, and to show the world the beauty of Christian femininity for God's glory. Tackling such sensitive subjects as submission and materialism, feminism and beauty, motherhood and marriage, Ortlund leads women to a deeper understanding of scriptural teaching and helps them fearlessly embrace all that God would have them become." (from Amazon)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, What a dear you are! Thank you for your loving affirmation. I'll give you a commision!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

These look really good- i had seen that your mother-in-law was about to have a book out. I am really looking forward to reading it. What an encouragement it will be to see God's care for his people through his good law. thanks for the tips. susan

ErinOrtlund said...

They are really good books, and I'd think so even if Jani wasn't my MIL!

The Zarlenga Family said...

Dear Stacey,

I miss you!!!! I heard you were coming soon and I can not wait to see you! :) I would love to get a hold of these books...I am not a reader as well, but I am very excited about these!

Love and miss ya'll!
beth

P.S. Yeah Zachary for walking!!!! :)