Wednesday, February 7, 2007

To Blog or Not to Blog

Dane talked to me about starting a family blog a while ago and I'm just now getting to it. Honestly, I've had some reservations about it. It seems that in our culture today where families and friends are spread out all over the world, we have lost a sense of community that we cannot comprehend today as a result. What I don't want is to start a blog with the intention of keeping better in touch with people and in actuality my interactions become less personal and even generic. However, since I am not very good about emailing anyway, I have decided that in an effort not to sacrifice the depth of my relationships I will vow to continue to call friends and family in addition to this blog. Sadly, I cannot make this same promise past this year if we are not in the states. All this to say, please keep me honest in staying real with you and not slipping into a one sided monologue of a relationship without you!

No comments: