Thursday, February 8, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It's hard to believe that this is our 5th year living here in St. Louis!

It seems like such a long time ago that my Mom took this picture of us when she came out to visit our "new" home. And now here we are in our last year getting ready to say goodbye.

We still don't know what next year will bring, but (as I keep telling myself) wherever the Lord takes us will be so much better than my imagination fears!

What we do know is that after spending this summer in Nashville with Dane's parents we will move somewhere for Dane to begin his Ph.D. studies.

Where will that be? If you could answer that question for me I'd be very grateful. Dane has applied to 6 schools: Aberdeen and St. Andrew's in Scotland, Durham and Cambridge in England, McMaster in Canada, and Wheaton in IL (our old Alma Mater). So far, we have heard back from Durham that Dane has been accepted to the program and we've heard from Wheaton that he made it to the interview phase. He goes up there for that next week! Unfortunately Zachary and I won't be able to go with him because we will be partying at home in CT with my family!!

We are both eager and anxious for our future. We know that we are in God's hands, that He has prepared our future before we were born, and that wherever He would have us go will be the absolute best for us!

5 comments:

ErinOrtlund said...

I have a feeling it will be Aberdeen!

Stacey said...

Sadly, the prof he wanted to study with there is leaving.

ErinOrtlund said...

Oh sorry to hear that! Does that rule Aberdeen out?

ErinOrtlund said...

PS. I think you're absolutely right that wherever you end up, it will be the perfect place for you! I had never even heard of Edinburgh before Eric applied there, and it was a last minute decision to apply there at all. It's neat to think that the place you'll be next fall is the place you'll be sad to leave a few years down the road!

bkessler said...

I think you'll be at St Andrews. Ocean, cliffs, seals, castle and cathedral ruins... oh, and good academics! It has it all...

U of Edinburgh is also a very good school. Not such a big fan of Aberdeen - glad it's off the list!

Not that you asked!

- B : )