Friday, November 7, 2008

While Mom's Away...The Boys Will Play!

Where was Mom?? I hopped on a train this morning and met my old college roommates downtown Chicago for our 5 year reunion (2 years late).
My College Roommates: Marianne, Kelly and Sarah

That was our junior year and now here we are 9 years later...

We hadn't all been together in 4 years! There had been 2 weddings, 3 kids, and at least 1 dog since then. It was so great to be together again. The day after we graduated from Wheaton we each wrote out predictions of where we would be in 5 years (2006). We not only made predictions for ourselves, but for each other as well. We finally got to read the letters for the first time with each other today. You could tell what we were passionate about then, but the letters didn't come close to the ways God had shaped our lives. After reading the letters we made predictions for 3 years from now, which will be our 10 year reunion (2011). There are a lot of changes coming up for the 4 of us so it will be fun to see what God surprises us with by then! These are awesome girls that I'm so glad to have as dear friends.

It's always an interesting thing leaving your guys alone for the day. I always wonder what they will do while I'm gone. I was thrilled when I returned home and Dane told me that he had a video to show me...

1 comment:

Annie said...

Cute video! Sounds like you had a fun time! And that is so neat that you and your roomates have stayed so close! What a gift!
~annie