Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Home for the Funeral

Dane, Zachary, and I all flew to New Hampshire on Saturday where we met up with my family.

Sunday morning we buried my Dada to Taps as my grandfather's years of service in the Army were recognized.

My cousin Scott played the bagpipes as he had promised my Dada. Knowing that Dada would not be able to enjoy his playing at the burial, Scott had driven down from Maine days before my Dada died to serenade him through his window at the Nursing Home to Amazing Grace.

Later that afternoon we remembered Dada at a Memorial Service held at the church in Amesbury, MA where he attended for many years. It was a blessing to be together as the Clark family again.

Sunday night we took Zachary to the beach for the first time. (My grandfather lived on the beach in Hampton, NH.)

On Monday Zachary got to play on the beach with his cousins my cousin's children. He loved it!

No comments: