Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dr. Winston C. Clark

My Dada met Jesus today, face to face.
He is in glory with Him forever.

July 20, 1915 - June 20, 2007

There is an article about his life here.

Amidst the numerous memories I have of the only biological grandparent I've ever known, these 5 are largely representative of the Dada I knew.

  1. Sitting at his dining room table surrounded by family praying that the Lord would "guide us and direct us in all our ways." (He only deviated from this prayer on Thanksgiving when he liked to sing the Doxology, which has grown to be one of my favorite traditions.)
  2. The joy it brought Dada to go fishing, especially with his grandchildren.
  3. Many games of pool in his basement, trying to avoid having to kiss Chuck the Buck (his stuffed deer).
  4. Watching endless Red Sox games with my Dad at the Beach.
  5. Playing Santa Claus on Christmas morning as his little elfs (grandchildren) would hand him presents and he would read off the name that we should deliver the package to.

I love my Dada and I will miss him greatly, but I rejoice in knowing that he is forever out of reach of pain, sickness and sorrow--and I will see him again one day very soon.

1 comment:

ErinOrtlund said...

So sorry for your loss Stacey. I read the article about him, and your memories. He sounds like a wonderful man!